Sunday, April 1, 2012
Chelsea tagged me forever ago. And I've been a huge slacker and haven't done it. I've also been a huge slacker and haven't blogged in a while, so I figured this was a good way to kill 2 birds with one stone.
So the first rule was to post a picture of yourself. I was looking through all my old pictures and trying to find one I felt really, really pretty in. And then I stumbled across this one. Maybe its awkward and weird that I'm posting this, but my gosh, this was the most beautiful wedding dress I never wore. I'm so, so glad with how things in my life have worked out, but every so often I get a little reminder of that happy, beautiful time in my life and I can't wait for the real thing.
11 Random things:
1. Multiple times a week I check all my sister's blogs when I'm overwhelmed at work. Most of the time its a quick check and then back to work, but sometimes I hit the goldmine when they have a new post.
2. I'm still bff's with my roommates from my freshman year of college. I think that's saying something about how important we are to each other. They are the girls I want to talk to when I have news to share or a bad day. I'm so blessed we randomly lived together.
3. I've caught the bug from Elise and have become the crazy plant lady. I love love love choosing and planting these little guys.
4. I've never been to New York City and I really want to go.
5. I have a totally irrational fear of cats.
6. I hate, hate, HATE being hot. I'd die if I had to live in Arizona. My skin is so sensitive and burns so fast that I am constantly trying to get out of the sun.
7. My car has a hole in the floor (through the carpet and all the way down to the floorboards) from my left high heel. My foot is always in the same spot when I drive and just fits so perfectly in the hole it has made itself
8. I hate getting ready for bed. Teeth brushed, face washed, contacts out, jammas on. Shouldn't be that hard but I hate it.
9. Spiders do not bother me. The other day I picked up my bottle of shampoo and there was a spider under it and it did not even faze me. And I only kill them when they are a problem (like stuck in my shower).
10. I've recently learned how to index on Family Search.org and I really like it--its oddly relaxing and doing good at the same time.
11. I don't really like music that much. I only listen to it when I'm alone and then only chill music. too much noise just stresses me out.
Answers to Chel's questions:
1. If you could be any person for a day who would it be? I can't think of anyone else, so I'd probably say myself the first couple years in college.
2. Sweet or Salty? I was just telling my co-worker this week how my problem is that I like everything--sugary candy, chocolate, salty snacks, baked goods--its not like I have just one vice. But I think if I were forced to choose it would be sweet.
3. What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Hmm, beauty school was hard, the Seattle half marathon was hard, calling off a wedding was hard, but all were worth doing.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? As my sisters can attest, obnoxious facebook posts.
5. If you could have any talent and be awesome at it, what would it be? I wish I could play music by ear, which if I could do I'd want to play the guitar.
6. What is your favorite way to relax? I think reading. Lately every time I try to read I just fall asleep.
7. What is your favorite college memory? My roommates and I had this weird tradition where we would hide something from each other--like I would pour a bowl of cereal and when I turned to put the milk away my bowl would disappear. It would be in the dishwasher, in a drawer, in the microwave...it was this crazy game to see how little time was needed to swipe something. Sometimes people would forget they just poured a bowl of cereal... :)
8. Would you rather cook or clean? Cook. I really enjoy cooking, but then that usually means I have to clean after.
9. If you could only use one item of makeup what would it be? Cover-up. I've always coveted girls with smooth skin. I'm still waiting for the day puberty will be over and my skin will clear up.
10. What is your ideal Saturday? Sleeping in a little, and then just a full day of exercising, errands, and crossing stuff off the to-do list.
I'm not tagging anyone specifically, so anyone who reads this who wants to can do it. :)