I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown by! As of TODAY I can say we are having a baby next month. :) I figured I better write a few things down before I forget it all in the bliss of what everyone promises will follow when I forget all miserable aspects of this and decide to do it again!
- from the very beginning Ryan was infatuated with the idea of us having twins. I had 2 dreams of him sitting in the back of the car with a bottle in each hand and car seats on both sides of him. I was very relieved to see only one little person on the ultrasound! He asked us how twins happen, and after we explained it as best we could he said "SO... someone cracks an egg in the mom's belly and 2 babies fall out?" We explained it a little better, and a few weeks later he and I were driving and he was quiet in the backseat, and all the sudden said "You know, if you had really wanted twins, you could have just shooken yourself up and made 2 eggs fall out!"
- He asked me last week if I were getting "a little freaked out about the baby being born." I told him I wasn't, and asked if he was, and he said yes and that he was glad he didn't have to be there.
- Every night when he says his prayers he asks that our baby and Chelsea and Marcus's baby can both grow and be healthy
- Ryan came up with our top name by suggesting early on the name "Thor." When we told him that was a great dog name but not a baby name, he said "Then Theodore, and we can call him Thor." As Theodore has grown on us Ryan has changed his preference and calls the baby Theo.
- from the very beginning Nate told us all it was a girl. He came home from the store one night with little girl booties and said he just knew it was a girl. I didn't have any inclinations, but as Nate insisted it was a girl I started believing it. When we had our 15 week ultrasound and they said it was a boy I almost asked her to check again! Afterwards when I talked to Nate about being wrong, he said "Well I figured I could be right or I could be pleasantly surprised!"
- he has been the most supportive husband I could ask for--cooking, cleaning, and last Saturday he got up at 7 am to cut up fruit for my baby shower. As long as I provide lotion and a towel he will rub my feet at night and doesn't complain about my tossing and turning all night.
- he fans me with his clipboard all through Sacrament meeting since the chapel is roasting.
Me and Baby:
- I felt him move for the first time at 16 weeks 1 day. We were on our way to the beach in Southern California on our family vacation. I wasn't sure what it was, so didn't say anything, and felt him again the next day in line for Indiana Jones at Disneyland. It felt like a muscle twitch to me, but for the rest of the trip I felt him almost every day.
- My worst pregnancy symptom has been carpal tunnel. I started having numb arms and hands around 20 weeks so started sleeping with braces which helped a lot. It's getting quite a bit worse now and I can't wear the braces because my hands swell up during the night. I'll be glad to have this issue go away!
- 33 weeks was a huge turning point in how much I feel him, how obviously I know where each of his body parts are, and how clear it is he doesn't have much more room in there. This past Sunday he was kicking during Sacrament meeting and Nate pushed his hand against his little feet. It only took about 5 seconds for Nate to get a swift kick--don't squish me dad!
- The only cravings I ever had were for Mexican food and Orange Fanta
- The worst first trimester side effect was how moody and crazy I felt all the time. It was far worse than the morning sickness and something I was totally unprepared for.
The nursery is coming along, my ward spoiled me with a fun shower, and I'm not sure how many more baby items we can fit in our house! We are so excited to meet this little guy!